Sunday, May 17, 2009

Diagnosis

I disappeared for a while. You might have noticed.

I had to give my eyes a rest. See, for about three months I've been having some severe eye drippage problems. You know when you get an eyelash in your eye and your eye tears up? Well, that's been happening to me constantly for months.

Bee had no idea this was the root of my constant eye drippage until she took me to the vet on Friday. It was then that Dr. Freid at Animal General delivered a best-case-yet-most-expensive diagnosis. I have ingrown eyelashes on my left eye that brush against my cornea every time I blink. That in turn causes irritation, and cause my eye to tear up. That liquid then collects on my eyelids and goop up and harden into eye boogers after a period of time.

The solution? Electrolysis to remove the eyelashes.

As in, eyelid surgery. For dogs.

Dr. Freid said that the opthamologist who can perform the surgery is only available once a month, but by some wacky change in scheduling, she's coming in to the city on Tuesday. Tuesday! That means I could have these pesky hairs out of my eye in two days.

But the surgery is estimated to cost $1500. I know, not exactly cheap. Bee is looking for a second opinion.

I'm not in pain with this small problem, but it is annoying to have this drippage problem every day. So I ask, does anyone have a low budget alternative to my expensive eyelash electrolysis? All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home