Saturday, July 01, 2006

I'm back, y'all


Vacation is the best.

Bee and I finally succumbed to the family’s wishes and went home for vacation. So worth the trip, which almost was cut short by a half a day. Our 6 AM flight to Chicago got in fine, but our connection to Grand Rapids was delayed an hour. And for some reason, my stomach wasn’t feeling right. Upon learning that I would have to be crammed into my airplane carrier for an hour longer than scheduled, I freaked.

And my bowels freaked.

Against all attempts to hold it, I relieved myself all over my crate. Not a good look.

Bee had to take me into the bathroom, lock the handicapped stall and tie me to the latch while she cleaned out my crate with toilet water. She was steamed! I mean, it’s embarrassing enough when people carrying around a whiny dog, but a whiny dog that smells like poop is downright unacceptable. Me crapping my crate goes against every standard of etiquette Bee has taught me both by example and through lecture.

I was so embarrassed.

After that fiasco, we finally made it to Bee’s parents house, where Trinity was waiting to greet me with a wet nose and wagging tongue (doesn’t Bee’s mom explain the difference between ‘hetero’ and ‘homo’ to her!?). But over the four days we were there, it seems T got the point that I was more attracted to Buddy than Betty. We frolicked, we ate grass, we tumbled and we explored. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home