Sunday, December 16, 2007

Holiday cheer



Man, Bee’s had a busy weekend. First, she along with two of her girlfriends, S. and Elle, crashed a holiday party downtown Friday night for CBS Evening News. Good food, two open bars, and a partridge and a pear tree. Dancing all night long.

Bee enjoyed them all, but did not embarrass herself. That’s my mommy. Can’t say her friend didn’t do the same.

Phone message on Bee’s cell phone:

“It’s S…you gotcha phone turned off girl, it’s 10:15! Get your butt up! Call me when you get this message, I feel I need to do a whole ‘nother night out with you where we just talk because we didn’t get a chance to do that. Um… But I want to you do call me,…Also, I wasn’t too, like drunk and stupid last night at the party I hope? Because I feel like in the car ride home… was the boy really quiet? I hope he wasn’t pissed?...Okay, bye hon!"

And, deeen….S. and Bee did it all again! They swung by the Upper West Side home of a coworker, then cabbed it downtown to the East Village to feast on steak and pork buns at Bee’s favorite restaurant, Momofuku Ssam Bar. Good eats. Even more wine. Then, in the middle of a Noreaster that started around midnight, they went to Otto for after dinner cordials.

The phone conversation Sunday morning: “Another morning hung over after a night out with you!” S. told Bee.

Obviously S. hasn’t seen what it’s like in this apartment every Saturday and Sunday morning.

It’s just how we do, S. Just how we do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home