Sunday, June 10, 2007

Why we love Clinton Hill

Ah, we've got to go to Brooklyn more often.

I feel like the grass is slightly fresher, the people are a bit more friendly, and the outdoor restaurants are way more lenient in letting me eat the scraps off of the ground within the metal barricade that protects diners from out of control cars that jump the sidewalk. Or not.

Ya know what else is great about Brooklyn? Bee's friend, J.

J fed me, held me, walked me and cuddled me to sleep on his brand new leather couch in his brand new living room in his brand new one bedroom.

And if you think it doesn't get any better, here's one more reason we love J. He sat through two hours of the most female-centric programming ever on television---WE network's pet lover series, America's Cutest Puppies.

We stumbled upon the show since there was not much else on television on a Saturday night. The program is a contest to find the most adorable puppy between 4 and 8 months old in 10 cities, and the winnersin the ten cities goes on to compete for the grand title of America's Cutest Puppy. Just like on any televised pageant, there was an overcaffenated host/comedian, celebrity judges, and swimsuit rounds. Okay, more like fashion shows.

As we watched Midwestern mothers dance and sing and coo to their dogs, Bee says, "Who the hell would WATCH this, much less pay for ADVERTISING on this show?"

"I have no idea," J said, then cracked open a bottle of wine. I took a sip or two from Bee's glass when she wasn't looking.

Then they continued to watch two hours worth of the horrible doggie pageant, and made a pact never to tell anyone that this is how they spent their Saturday night.

Leave it to me to spill the beans.

P.S. --I thought the show was crap. There were no French Bulldogs picked in the final round!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home