Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday

Number of roommates sleeping here: three (Dee, yet again, is odd woman out)
Number of hours spent without hot water on Sunday: twelve
Number of walks that I get a day now that the mercury barely climbs above freezing: two, three when the dog walker comes
Number of minutes the average walk now takes: 20
Number of roommates that are contemplating career changes: two
Number of roommates actually acting on career changes: one

Bee and her friend M. saw two exhibits at two different museums yesterday, an attempt to break out of their brunch-and-bitch Sunday routine where the two devour omelets at an overcrowded Upper East Side restaurant and complain about their jobs, finances and love lives. Though M. stayed positive through most of their outing, Bee is not capable of finding something right with her life on Sundays. It's the one day she realizes that she's not rich and therefore worth nothing and therefore needs to work harder/go to the gym/lose weight to become anorexic skinny or whatever to improve herself cause her current state isn't good enough. Yes, crazy.

Anyway, M., who rarely has anything critical to say about herself because she considers herself, well, perfect, said that the current fashions have caused her to gain weight. Trapeze dresses, tunics, high-waisted or drop-waisted dresses and layering have allowed women to hide behind their clothes. The forgiving tailoring allows more room for a second slice of toast, or dessert, or another glass of wine. Though the trend is uber comfortable, it's also waistline unfriendly.

I agree with that. Now that I wear sweaters and parkas most days, I too, have enjoyed my fair share of treats, second helpings of dinner and human food that I eagerly lick from the ground. I definitely have reached my winter weight (2 pounds heavier than my summer weight) now that I can hide behind not only clothes, but longer nights which also camoflague my true shape.

Spring, and snug fitting pieces like bodysuits and miniskirts, need to return so we all can get our girlish figures back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home