Sunday, March 12, 2006

Spring fling

Number of days until Miami: 13
Number of roommates sleeping here: last night, three, today four
Number of bottles of wine in kitchen:2
Number of bottles of milk: two
Number of electronics Bee has unpacked in the last two days: two
Number of electronics Bee has actually hooked up to their properly assembled state: one

Yesterday was a beautiful day in the city. It must have hit 65 degrees. The doggies were out in force at the dog run. And as expected, Louis, my puppy crush, was also there.

But instead of approaching him and flirting, as I have done for the past year, I let him come to me. I don't know if I was in a crabby mood, or if I had given up chasing him, or if was enjoying the attention from the other two dozen dogs there, but something in me snapped and decided I was going to pay hard to get.

When he walked over to me while I was busy playing fetch with three Labradors, I completely ignored him. He persisted, kissing me, licking me, sniffing my butt, but I wanted nothing to do with him. I left him flat. And I must say, in a sick way I was sort of satisfied when I saw that little sadness in his eye when I wouldn't play with him.

But don't blame my mean nature for my abrupt about face. It seems, according the roommate's assessment, as if I had "pulled a Bee." She, too, is NOTORIOUS for walking away from a guy when she realizes he's really into her. (witness how fast that guy came and went back in October.)

Ah, I get it. Such behavior was passed down from my mother.

I'm sure the next time I see him, I'll flirt with him and make nice. But knowing my luck, and knowing Bee's record for success using this tactic, I probably won't have that chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home