Thursday, March 30, 2006

Dee

Sunday, 6:17 PM, Sagamore Hotel, Miami

Knock at the door.
Bee and Dee stop dancing, friends turn down music.
Bee's friend A. opens door. A boy, 12 years old with Down Syndrome says hello. Asks to speak to "the girls".

Girls turn and walk towards door.

Boy asks to speak to Dee.

Dee goes to the door.

Boy says, "okay, I just need her."

All turn away and close the door, leaving Dee outside with the kid.

Bee opens the door.

Hears boy tell Dee, "I love you and I want to kiss you."

Dee says, "Me? Just me?"

"Yes."

"Not her?" points to Bee.

"No, you."

"Okay."

Kid reaches in for the kiss. He grabs Dee, wraps his spindly arms around her and opens his brace mouth wide. Dee turns her head to avoid the kid's lips, but he strains, grabs, pulls and attempts to plant a wet one on her mouth.

He misses and hits her cheek.

Dee cringes. "Okay. Good enough."

"Yeah." Kid runs off.

All sit in hotel room in shock.

I guess I would be in shock, too, if a handicapped kid knocked on my hotel room to snatch a kiss. Now Dee will have to confess to London Fling that she cheated on him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home