Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I almost died!!

Not two hours after I shared my version of Sex in the City with you, I nearly died in an accident yesterday.

It was my fault. Bee dropped the leash and I thought it was my opportunity to explore new ground. But I didn't know that not all open spaces contained safe, grassy acreage. Some have cars.

When Bee walked me outside for our evening walk, she had her cell phone, her keys and an oversized plastic bag in her hands. She didn't have enough fingers to grab the leash. So it accidentally slipped out of her hands, and I took off up Broadway. And I didn't look both ways before I booked across the street! I was freeeeee!!!!!

Bee, in a skirt and heels, was running behind me, screaming my name, and screaming for someone to catch me. But I outran her. I outran them all! I loved the breeze in my hair, whusshing through my oversized bat ears!! Ahhh, no more Bee tugging me from behind!! No more going only where SHE goes!!! No more....

"Gotcha!" an unidentified stranger said as he grabbed the leash in front of Starbucks. Bee rushed up behind me and thanked the gentleman responsible for my capture. I braked. I heeled. I was cooked.

Bee scooped me up and carried me back to my crate. After my taste of freedom, it seemed like my own little Rikers. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home