Monday, August 22, 2005

Sugar Daddy

So after making googly eyes at the construction workers who are building a high rise across the street from the apartment, my efforts have paid off. I first targeted the burly Staten Island crew two Fridays ago on my morning walk. I refused to go back inside, so I dragged my paws so Bee would have to carry me home. Bee hates when I do that. She starts singing her little song when she's pissed at me, "Fren-chie for sa-ale!!"

(Whatever, she's never getting rid of me. I'm too cute.)

As we walked to the front stoop, the Foreman, a forthcoming, barrel-chested, capped-teeth Italian man came over to say,"that is the cutest dog, lookadat face!" Granted he was stating the obvious, but I went over anyway and snuggled under his chin. I poured it on THICK! I licked his face and nuzzled his ear. I had this guy in my right paw.

Another construction guy came over and yells, "whaddayadoing?! What is that?!" He started to play with me, too. Bee is stunned at all of the attention. Another guy yelled from a dump truck across the street, "I saw that dog on America's Most Wanted" (sarcastic twit). The entire crew is now watching me sass. Work has ceased on the new building.

So three of the biggest, macho construction workers in New York cooed and aww-ed over me. Bee stood on the street speechless. Frankly, she's not obliged to say much because my puppy eyes are doing all the talking. The guys introduced themselves and said things like "Lucy, you're my girl now." Bee was troubled. Does that mean she is also, "their girl" as well? Bee began sweating.

Foreman then said, "I don't like her collar. I wanna buy her a new one."
"Why? What's wrong with the one she has?," Bee responded.
"I don't like it. She needs real diamonds. A little bling blling. Yes, you do Luuuucyyy...(gives me kisses on forehead)."
"Whatever, this collar has diamonds," said Bee.
"Not real ones!," said Foreman.
"Fine if you want to buy her one, do it."

So every day for the last two weeks, no matter if Bee walked me at six or eight in the morning, the boys always said hello. The second we leave the house, they yelled, "Hey, Loo-cee!!!" Then I would run over and snuggle against their tree trunk-shaped legs and give them the smile and the eyes. Oh, they ate it up!! Bee just smiled nervously, and tried not to blush.

This morning, Foreman came through on his promise. When Bee and I went out this morning, Foreman and his boys were waiting. "I've got something for ya," he said, while his crew looked on, smiling. "He's got something for ya," says the second in command.

Sure enough, Foreman bought me a pink diamond studded collar. Bee was shocked. The whole crew and eager commuters rushing to work stopped to watch Foreman gently slip the collar on my neck as if he were putting a Tiffany pendant on his own daughter. He hoisted me in his lap and sang to me as he adjusted the diamonds so they would shine off of the sun as I strutted down the block. The crew cheered, "Hey, hey! Now she's a real show dawg!" I was giddy!

Ah, what powers I possessed!!

If I could woo such a macho man to buy me diamonds, hell, what could I get from another Lucy lover? And what could I swindle for Bee? A trip to the country? More jewelry? What targets should I seek out next? The guy who drives the silver Range Rover? The Starbucks barista? Oh, the potential!

I'm the best accessory Bee's ever had. Once I get her some hot bachelor in a giving mood, she'll never sing "Frenchie for sale" again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home